Some weapons for Tacticool. Each weapon can be broken up into a number of parts so that players can kitbash their own weapons. There are also a number of different patterns and materials you can apply to your weapons so you can match the weapons to the style of your soldiers.
Archive for the ‘Art’ Category
Procedural texturing is amazing fun. Grab Filter Forge some time and have a go.
Recently I’ve been trying to make some simple, convincing procedural pixel art. Here are a few of the latest ones.
Each texture has 16 colours and was procedurally downsampled from a higher colour, procedurally generated bitmap. If you grab Filter Forge, you can try editing the following Filter Forge filter and try your hand at it: Procedural Pixel Levels
Hope you get something out of this
Before I started entering online art comps I was constantly disappointed when entrants failed to make it to the finish line. I said to myself that surely I’d never be one of those people and that for the sake of everyone interested in my art I’d make sure that I always finished.
Flash forward three years and I’ve finished many fewer competitions than I’ve started… Here’s some of my collected failures
Dominance War V
Chicks Riding Stuff
Gameartisans Chess Challenge – The Knight
Here are some low spec characters I’ve made for a tactical shooter that I’ve had in the works for some time. Each head is 260 tris and uses a single 128×128 texture. You’ll find info on the weapons in another post!
It’s incredible working on hand-painted textures. And it’s been a steep (but amazing!) learning curve.
I’ve always wanted to make a pixel-based shmup and here are a few explorations into player ships. They’re designed much larger than you’d normally have (128×128) and I’d use them for ship select/upgrade screens and do half-size versions for in the game.
I’ve been getting back into pixel art lately after a break of about six years (!) Here’s progress on an head avatar, currently 9 colours.
Later: Here’s an update – with a few tweaks.
Even later: I think this will be the final.
I’ve reworked some parts of Wraith, particularly the arms, the sleeve and the face. There’s a bit of a base colour coat for the skin as well as the leather trousers.